In the interest of maintaining a positive, hygienic, and safe training experience, please observe the following guidelines:
UNIFORM AND APPEARANCE
● Gi: Only Ultra Jiu Jitsu Academy (UJJA) Gis are permissible on the mat. Please wear a rash guard underneath your Gi.
● No-Gi: Only UJJA No-Gi apparel is permissible on the mat.
● Keep fingernails and toenails clean and trimmed short.
VISITORS AND SPECTATORS
● Please keep off-mat noise to a minimum so as not to disturb the class or distract the students.
● No coaching from the sidelines.
OFF THE MAT
● Ensure Gi is on and belt is tied before entering the mat.
● Remove shoes before entering the mat.
● Put shoes on immediately upon exiting the mat; no barefoot walking in the academy (especially the bathrooms).
● No photography or videography of any classes.
● Please keep noise to a minimum so as not to disturb the class or distract the students.
ON THE MAT
● No cell phones, food or gum on the mat.
● Bow when entering and exiting the mat.
● Greet your teammates upon entering the mat.
● Welcome all guests and visitors by introducing yourself; treat newcomers as you would like to be treated.
● Use respectful language and behavior, especially around minors; avoid using curse/swear words.
● Notify the instructor if you must leave the mat during class.
● Refrain from talking while the instructor is teaching.
● Greet your sparring partner before and after the roll.
● Only apply as much force as needed; never intentionally harm anyone.
● When assigned a task, continue doing that task until the instructor says otherwise.
● Have fun!